Friday, November 1, 2013

Stitching Red

I have a new start--for me!

Red by Mirabilia.(This is not my finished piece!) The color red always grabs my attention, and when I saw this chart--it grabbed my attention.

Now, here is what Red looks like after 1 week of stitching.

Got a ways to go, don't I? Red is being stitched on 32 ct French Lace linen, and I will be using the called for fibers and beads. The first stitches were put in on her on October 24, 2013.

I am also stitching on an Autumn piece for a new quilt theme that just opened at WOCS, and a Christmas design for the November SAL at The Stitcher's Garden. Since my last post, I also put in a few stitches on This is the Day. I am still stitching grass, and will post an update of This is the Day after I get past the grass stitching.

Thank you for visiting!!

10 comments:

Annie said...

This is such a magnificent design. Sure to be a favorite as a fair entry. Good start and good luck with it!

Barb said...

You have been busy stitching. Your Red piece will be stunning when finished. I look forward to seeing more of it.

Margaret said...

Such a gorgeous design! I look forward to watching your progress!

Barb said...

Oh it will be so much fun to watch your progress. We are all here to cheer you on!

Best wishes!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

She is very pretty! I to like red!

Julie said...

Great start, i'll be cheering you on for a 1st place ribbon next year.

Sally said...

Beautiful new start Mary Ann. She has to win!

Brigitte said...

This is definitely a gorgeous project. This lady in red has something ...

Rachel said...

Every year I tell myself that I'll enter something in our local fair. I hope next year is the year I'll finally have something finished!

Beautiful pattern!

Peg said...

Oh my goodness, Red is stunning! I have most of the Mirabillia and L&L ladies but haven't bought for quite some time. I've been concentrating on quilting and crochet. I'll be watching your progress with this beautiful lady.

Peg x