Monday, December 3, 2012

Lots Of Things

First up are a couple of charity quilt squares that I have finished recently.
I stitched this for World of Charity Stitching. It will be one of 36 leaves for an Autumn Leaves quilt that will go to a resident in a senior care center. I used one of the new DMC Variations floss--#4122 Fall Harvest. This was a fun stitch!

Batman and Robin is for Love Quilts. I have to say this was not really a fun stitch. First, because--well, it is Batman and Robin. LOL And, second, stitching the rows upon rows of black and red made me sleepy at times. : ) BUT, I consider it stitching time well spent if it makes this little guy smile!

Next, I spent a little time stitching on This Is The Day this past weekend. A little progress was made.
It was cloudy all day today, and I could not get a decent photo of it.

And, last but not least...the winner of the Shepherd's Bush kit is Barb! Barb, I will be emailing you shortly to get your mailing address.

That's it for this time. Thank you for visiting!!

12 comments:

Katy said...

Beautiful progress!

Barb said...

Love those fall projects! I'm so excited to be your winner! That's going to be such fun to stitch up!

Nicola said...

Photographing our sewing projects is not easy at this time of year when the light is bad.

Even so This is the Day is looking so pretty, I can't wait to see more.

Siobhán said...

Fantastic stitching! LOL about the Batman and Robin. My son went through a HUGE Batman & Robin phase, and as much as I love him, I don't think I'd have had the patience to stitch it. LOL Good for you!

Margaret said...

Very nice stitching! I can see how that Batman and Robin piece would put you to sleep. But definitely worth stitching from the sound of it!

Carol said...

Very nice stitching, Mary Ann--glad you stuck it out with the Batman piece. That lucky little boy will love it :)

Julie said...

The batman piece looks wonderful, I'm sure the young man will be thrilled with your stitching.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's great work you do with those charity quilt squares!!!

Lovely progress on your own project!

Jeanne said...

Love the colors on that leave. I can imagine all that black stitching wasn't fun but as you say, it's for a good cause. Job well done I say! Your sampler is coming along nicely , love the little sheepies.

Susieq said...

I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Congratulations! If you have any questions on how this works you can go to my blog.

Sally said...

Gorgeous charity squares.

Love your progress on This is the Day.

Congratulations to Barb :)

stitcherw said...

Nice progress on Day, love the little sheep and the dog. Fun charity squares too, they are going to make who ever gets them very happy. The varigated floss you found for the leaf was perfect, looks like the leaves here in the fall.
Sue